Hedsor House launches planet-positive wedding package
This quintessentially English wedding venue in Buckinghamshire has launched a planet-positive wedding for eco-conscious couples
A pioneering, planet-positive wedding
Hedsor House, an award-winning and quintessentially English wedding venue in Buckinghamshire has launched a planet-positive wedding for eco-conscious couples. Carefully choreographed by Hedsor, backed up by external consulation and an extensive carbon foot printing exercise, the 60-guest Alexander wedding promises to make a once-in-a-lifetime event less wasteful.
Hedsor’s ambition to curate a carbon-neutral wedding offering has been achieved through the identification of sustainably-minded suppliers and collaborators (reducing its carbon footprint by an impressive 55%, compared to a normal wedding at Hedsor), with high-quality offsets accounting for the remaining 45% of emissions.
Focusing on elements where Hedsor can directly reduce the environmental impact of weddings, a curated team of suppliers has been brought together in an endeavour to keep sustainability at the forefront of all operations, building on its flawless track record of delivering standout, memorial weddings for couples with haute standards.
Hedsor has partnered with Lettice Events, a high-end sustainable events caterer driven by environmentally conscious designs. Their seasonal, three-course vegan or vegetarian menu packs the same gourmet punch as the typical wedding feast, though with each guest reducing their carbon footprint by 63%.
A series of zero-waste canapés are even created from the offcuts of the chosen menu, and the entirety of the plant-first fare can be washed down with Three Choirs English wine and Harrow & Hope British fizz.
‘This launch is an important milestone, both for Hedsor and the wedding industry since it offers a fully curated, authentic, sustainable option to couples who want a luxury wedding that doesn’t compromise on quality or the environment. We’re hugely proud to be able to offer this planet-positive initiative and will be supporting the Heart Of Bucks Green Fund each time we deliver an Alexander Wedding.’ Mark Shepard, son of Alexander Shepherd and Hedsor House Managing Director
Eco-forward foodies will relish Love From Lila’s two-tier sustainable wedding cake which is baked from organic, seasonable and fair-trade ingredients and creates almost zero waste – offsetting any remaining carbon footprint with tree planting.
Couples can create more ambience by adding reusable artificial trees from Twilight Trees, with solar-powered lighting and star-clothed DJ booths from carbon conscious Glo Productions. The seasoned Hedsor Wedding Specialist team will also be ever-present throughout the planning, working to ensure the couples and their guests have a seamless, memorable day from start to finish.
Environmental concerns have been close to the hearts of the Shepherd family for generations, particularly for Alexander, who has diligently cared for and conserved the 100 acres of parkland he played in as a child. The eco-conscious family jumps at every opportunity to advance Hedsor’s green credentials, from carbon-positive improvements to the historic house to planing over 2,500 trees across the estate over the past 30 years.
‘We are thrilled to be working with Hedsor and a group of like-minded and passionate suppliers to offer the first planet positive, carbon neutral wedding. Sustainability and luxury are at the heart of what we offer at Lettice, so the partnership felt like a natural fit. We hope carbon neutral and planet positive weddings will continue to grow and develop both at Hedsor House and beyond.’Holly Congdon, Head of Events at Lettice Events
About Hedsor House
Hedsor House is an award-winning country house wedding and event venue set within 100 acres of historic parkland and manicured parklands in Buckinghamshire – only 26 miles from Central London and 15 miles from Heathrow Airport.
Following a fascinating 800-year history and decades as the family seat of the Shepherd family, the Georgian house underwent an extensive renovation and restoration project for its new life as a private event venue in 2008.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.